home *** CD-ROM | disk | FTP | other *** search
/ Cream of the Crop 25 / Cream of the Crop 25.iso / bbs / bj200.zip / BJACK.DOC next >
Text File  |  1997-05-14  |  4KB  |  83 lines

3.                            - B L A C K - J A C K -
  4.                                 version 2.0
  5.                          Written by Chris Whitacre
  6.                            Copyright (c) 1994-97
  9.     Warranty: There is no warranty on this program, so use at your own risk.
  10. This program, however, is to my best knowledge bug free, but then again, I'm
  11. only a machine....
  13.     Description: Bjack was created for falken bbs systems because of lack of
  14. games for falken, the idea was conceived from a simple dos game of blackjack,
  15. the goal of the game is to get as close to 21 as you can without going over, if
  16. the player gets 5 cards in a row without breaking then the player will win the
  17. game as well the dealer. This may not be house or vegas rules but is
  18. programmers rule due to the size of the screen I have to work with and splits.
  19.     Players are allowed to bet fictitious money or credits depending on how you
  20. have the game setup with the .INI file, you should however check with the
  21. laws of the state if you use the credit feature and charge your bbs users for
  22. credits as this could be considered real gambling and could be against the laws
  23. for your state.
  24.     The game is NOT 100% interactive, each player has its own dealer this was
  25. done to keep the game as simple as possible as well as to allow continuous
  26. playing without having to wait on other players betting or hitting. You can
  27. however chat by entering a / and a message at any prompt in the game also
  28. setup can be seen at any prompt waiting for a yes no answer by typing /setup.
  30.     Installation: Bjack can be installed anywhere on the HD. It does not have
  31. to be in your falken directory unless you want it to be, I recommend that it
  32. be put in a directory off your mainbbs directory. Off that sub-directory *IF*
  33. your using the fictitious money in the game you MUST make a dir called USERS
  34. this is where the game will store its data files for the current playing, if
  35. you decided to use the CREDIT feature then you don't need to worry about this
  36. part because the game will modify the users credit value internally.
  38.     BBS setup: Bjack can be put anywhere in the menuing system, load up your
  39. bbscfg.exe program and decide where you want to put the game at. Select a
  40. command key and give it the full path to the filename and the path to where
  41. you put the game at as a command line parameter.
  42. IE: BJ  BJACK\BJACK.EXE .\BJACK\ (The trailing \ is not needed but preferred)
  43. next unzip the version of the game for the bbs your running to the dir where it
  44. goes into, version7.zip is for version 7.02 of the bbs and version6.zip is for
  45. version 6.69b of the bbs.
  47.    Registration: Bjack is fully functional but until registered the game will
  48. only allow a max of 2 people in the game at one time and will kick them out
  49. after 10 minutes of play and will display a note to the user that it is not
  50. registered every 2 minutes. The cost is 45 bux per copy and you are allowed
  51. 1 copy per computer. After registered you can have as many people in the game
  52. as your hardware will allow. All upgrades are free from that point out.
  54.    Registration note: You MAY NOT give your registration key to anyone
  55. whatsoever for whatever reasoning it may be.
  57. Registration:
  59.   Send 35.00 payable to:
  61.   Chris Whitacre
  62.   P.O. Box 1703
  63.   Hanford, Ca 93232-1703
  65. * Please leave some kind of information on with the check as to where to send
  66.   the registration key to, bbs phone number or internet email is prefered.
  68.    Bug Reports: Bjack Bugs should be reported to me. I can be emailed at the
  69. following bbs's under the name of Car Doctor.
  71.    M-42             : 209-584-2895 (I check here minutely)
  72.    The Midnight Hour: 209-582-4747 (My BBS)
  73.    Inet email       : cd@midnight.kingsnet.com
  74.    Telnet           : midnight.kingsnet.com
  76. Special thanks to:
  78. My wife for not ringing my neck at the computer.
  79. M-42 for testing purposes, and being a great friend.
  80. Terri of Pacific Horizons for testing out my programs.
  81. Vangelis, even though we don't talk anymore, he is a good teacher.
  82. All the users that got addicted to the game....